Read the email Elon Musk sent to Tesla employees about returning to the office before saying headcount will increase
Elon Musksent an email to all Teslaemployees saying they should return to the office or resign.
- On Saturday, after announcing he wants to cut 10% of jobs he said the headcount will increase.
Elon Musk issued an ultimatum to Tesla's executive employees, calling for the workers to come into the office and stop "phoning it in" or to quit.
The richest man in the world responded to reports of the emails on Twitter that employees "should pretend to work somewhere else," when a user asked Musk how he would respond to people who consider in-person work "antiquated."
On Friday, Musk also emailed executives saying they needed to pause all hiring worldwide because he had a "super bad feeling" about the economy and needed to cut 10% of the company's workforce. But he tweeted on Saturday that the headcount would still increase.
Here's the email Musk sent to Tesla employees telling them to return to the office or resign.
From: Elon Musk
Subject: To be super clear
Everyone at Tesla is required to spend a minimum of 40 hours in the office per week. Moreover, the office must be where your actual colleagues are located, not some remote pseudo office. If you don't show up, we will assume you have resigned.
The more senior you are, the more visible must be your presence. That is why I lived in the factory so much - so that those on the line could see me working alongside them. If I had not done that, Tesla would long ago have gone bankrupt. There are of course companies that don't require this, but when was the last time they shipped a great new product? It's been a while.
Tesla has and will create and actually manufacture the most exciting and meaningful products of any company on Earth. This will not happen by phoning it in.
- Slow recovery of low income households slowed down India's economic recovery: Kotak report
- Best cars under ₹20,000,00 to buy this festive season
- India saw 20.5 billion online transactions worth ₹36 trillion in Q2: report
- Nobel prize winner Svante Paabo's DNA discoveries offer clues as to what makes us human
- Enphase Energy launches solar battery and microinverters for residential use
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World