Regina King matched her hair to her metallic copper dress at the NAACP Image Awards
- Regina King wore a custom Oscar de la Renta gown for the NAACP Image Awards on Saturday.
- Her braids included metallic color throughout that matched her gown.
- Since there wasn't a traditional red carpet, King staged a glamorous photo op at home.
Regina King proved that it doesn't take a red carpet to make a fashion statement fit for awards season.
King attended the NAACP Image Awards, which aired live on BET on Saturday and were hosted by actor Anthony Anderson. She was nominated as entertainer of the year and outstanding directing in a motion picture for "One Night in Miami."
As one does in the era of virtual awards shows, King celebrated in style at home and staged a glamorous photo op before the event.
She wore a custom, copper-colored taffeta dress from Oscar de la Renta that had a dramatic train and oversized bow on the back. The designer shared a closer look at the dress and its hand-draped details as it was being made in the atelier.
King's ensemble, which was put together by the celebrity stylist duo Wayman Bannerman and Micah McDonald, was completed with a pair of copper Stuart Weitzman heels and Irene Neuwirth jewelry.
The actress and director's awards-show look didn't stop with her wardrobe, though. King's hairstylist Angie Perrantes styled her hair in braids, which were colored with a metallic tone throughout that complemented the same hue of the Oscar de la Renta gown.
King's makeup artist Latrice Johnson also gave her a warm-hued look that coordinated with the earthy tones of her outfit.
The star embodied the spirit of awards shows with her ensemble, which was reminiscent of a trophy or medal.
But she's no stranger to showing off her red-carpet-worthy style from home.
At the Golden Globes in February, King made her virtual red-carpet debut in a Louis Vuitton dress that took more than 350 hours to make, as it was covered in more than 40,000 sequins, representatives for the designer told People.
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet
- Discover peace at India's most calming hideout: top 10 stress-free places in India