Regina King matched her hair to her metallic copper dress at the NAACP Image Awards
- Regina King wore a custom Oscar de la Renta gown for the NAACP Image Awards on Saturday.
- Her braids included metallic color throughout that matched her gown.
- Since there wasn't a traditional red carpet, King staged a glamorous photo op at home.
Regina King proved that it doesn't take a red carpet to make a fashion statement fit for awards season.
King attended the NAACP Image Awards, which aired live on BET on Saturday and were hosted by actor Anthony Anderson. She was nominated as entertainer of the year and outstanding directing in a motion picture for "One Night in Miami."
As one does in the era of virtual awards shows, King celebrated in style at home and staged a glamorous photo op before the event.
She wore a custom, copper-colored taffeta dress from Oscar de la Renta that had a dramatic train and oversized bow on the back. The designer shared a closer look at the dress and its hand-draped details as it was being made in the atelier.
King's ensemble, which was put together by the celebrity stylist duo Wayman Bannerman and Micah McDonald, was completed with a pair of copper Stuart Weitzman heels and Irene Neuwirth jewelry.
The actress and director's awards-show look didn't stop with her wardrobe, though. King's hairstylist Angie Perrantes styled her hair in braids, which were colored with a metallic tone throughout that complemented the same hue of the Oscar de la Renta gown.
King's makeup artist Latrice Johnson also gave her a warm-hued look that coordinated with the earthy tones of her outfit.
The star embodied the spirit of awards shows with her ensemble, which was reminiscent of a trophy or medal.
But she's no stranger to showing off her red-carpet-worthy style from home.
At the Golden Globes in February, King made her virtual red-carpet debut in a Louis Vuitton dress that took more than 350 hours to make, as it was covered in more than 40,000 sequins, representatives for the designer told People.
- World Heart Day: What treatments cost across top Indian cities and how to stay covered
- World Heart Day delights: Yoga, exercise, and heart-healthy living
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away