The 15 richest people in India, ranked
- Forbes released its 2019 ranking of India's 100 Richest People.
- Mukesh Ambani, with a net worth of $51.4 billion, topped the list for the 12th year in a row.
- The list also includes infrastructure tycoon Gautam Adani and steel baron Lakshmi Mittal.
- The 15 richest people in India are worth a combined $215 billion.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Forbes released its 2019 ranking of India's 100 Richest People.
For the 12th year in a row, Mukesh Ambani, the head of oil-gas-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries, topped the list with an estimated net worth of $51.4 billion.
Despite a slowdown of economic growth that caused more than half of India's 100 richest people to lose money, Ambani has only gotten richer, adding $4.1 billion to his fortune in the past year.
India's richest 15 people, which include Ambani, pharmaceuticals billionaires, and infrastructure tycoons, are worth a combined $215 billion.
Here are the 15 richest people in India right now, ranked.
15. Dilip Shanghvi
14. Sunil Mittal
13. Burman family
12. Cyrus Poonawalla
11. Bajaj family
10. Kumar Birla
9. Lakshmi Mittal
8. Godrej family
7. Radhakishan Damani
6. Shiv Nadar
5. Uday Kotak
4. Pallonji Mistry
3. Hinduja brothers
2. Gautam Adani
1. Mukesh Ambani
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- The future of banking is entirely digital
- Study find out the potential cause of dementia
- Odisha Health Minister shot at by police officer
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal