The 15 richest people in India, ranked
- Forbes released its 2019 ranking of India's 100 Richest People.
- Mukesh Ambani, with a net worth of $51.4 billion, topped the list for the 12th year in a row.
- The list also includes infrastructure tycoon Gautam Adani and steel baron Lakshmi Mittal.
- The 15 richest people in India are worth a combined $215 billion.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Forbes released its 2019 ranking of India's 100 Richest People.
For the 12th year in a row, Mukesh Ambani, the head of oil-gas-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries, topped the list with an estimated net worth of $51.4 billion.
Despite a slowdown of economic growth that caused more than half of India's 100 richest people to lose money, Ambani has only gotten richer, adding $4.1 billion to his fortune in the past year.
India's richest 15 people, which include Ambani, pharmaceuticals billionaires, and infrastructure tycoons, are worth a combined $215 billion.
Here are the 15 richest people in India right now, ranked.
15. Dilip Shanghvi
14. Sunil Mittal
13. Burman family
12. Cyrus Poonawalla
11. Bajaj family
10. Kumar Birla
9. Lakshmi Mittal
8. Godrej family
7. Radhakishan Damani
6. Shiv Nadar
5. Uday Kotak
4. Pallonji Mistry
3. Hinduja brothers
2. Gautam Adani
1. Mukesh Ambani
- A new Star Trek NFT is stored on the DNA of bacteria, and there are billions of copies already
- Best 2K ultrawide monitors for gaming and streaming
- Best budget smartphones for gaming
- Best gaming keyboards with macro keys
- Best ergonomic mice for long working hours