The 8 best luxury cruise lines in the world, ranked
By Freephotographer / Shutterstock
- Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI) ranked the top luxury cruise lines of 2019.
- To do so, they created an algorithm which scored each luxury cruise line based on a series of "touch points," taking into account the overall performance of the company, rather than individual ships.
- Seabourn topped LTI's list, scoring a 79.6% out of 100%.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI), a members-only organization which provides travel reporting for affluent voyagers, has released their list of the best luxury cruise lines of 2019.
LTI spent the year assessing the luxury cruise industry at large, and created an algorithm which analyzes 124 touch points. The maximum score a cruise line could get was 4511, which was then translated into a percentage out of 100.
The numerous touch points referred to the overall performance of the company, rather than each individual ship in the line.
"Our 124 touch points relate to the overall company performance, rather than its individual ships. It's all about the cruise line's ability to deliver: its passion, commitment, ethos and values, as well as the quality of its management and staff," said Michael Crompton, founder of LTI. "Investment and how well it is executed are also major factors, particularly in new ships and the refurbishment of existing ones."
Keep reading to see which luxury cruise lines ranked the highest, according to LTI.
8. Cunard — 67.7%
7. Azamara — 69.4%
6. Oceania — 71%
5. Viking Ocean — 73.8%
4. Silversea — 75.4%
3. Regent Seven Seas — 76.9%
2. Crystal — 77.8%
1. Seabourn — 79.6%
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling