The 8 best luxury cruise lines in the world, ranked
By Freephotographer / Shutterstock
- Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI) ranked the top luxury cruise lines of 2019.
- To do so, they created an algorithm which scored each luxury cruise line based on a series of "touch points," taking into account the overall performance of the company, rather than individual ships.
- Seabourn topped LTI's list, scoring a 79.6% out of 100%.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI), a members-only organization which provides travel reporting for affluent voyagers, has released their list of the best luxury cruise lines of 2019.
LTI spent the year assessing the luxury cruise industry at large, and created an algorithm which analyzes 124 touch points. The maximum score a cruise line could get was 4511, which was then translated into a percentage out of 100.
The numerous touch points referred to the overall performance of the company, rather than each individual ship in the line.
"Our 124 touch points relate to the overall company performance, rather than its individual ships. It's all about the cruise line's ability to deliver: its passion, commitment, ethos and values, as well as the quality of its management and staff," said Michael Crompton, founder of LTI. "Investment and how well it is executed are also major factors, particularly in new ships and the refurbishment of existing ones."
Keep reading to see which luxury cruise lines ranked the highest, according to LTI.
8. Cunard — 67.7%
7. Azamara — 69.4%
6. Oceania — 71%
5. Viking Ocean — 73.8%
4. Silversea — 75.4%
3. Regent Seven Seas — 76.9%
2. Crystal — 77.8%
1. Seabourn — 79.6%
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Pakistani rupee sees highest one-day fall in 20 years
- Science says Bridgerton’s Regé-Jean Page is the world’s most handsome man. Here are others
- 'It feels like slap in the face': Sacked Google worker whose mother died of cancer
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO now open, analysts maintain cautious optimism
- Shark Tank effect: How sales zoomed, websites crashed, and Amazon listings were lost