The best meal kit delivery services
- Why spend yet another dinner eating the same takeout when you can impress yourself with your culinary abilities?
- With Blue Apron, you'll be able to make a meal that is better than anything you can get delivered.
If you want to save yourself even more time and effort while still eating right, check out our guide to the best pre-made meal delivery services.
It's not the cooking you're unwilling to do. It's the recipe planning, the ingredient sourcing, and the shopping for difficult-to-find spices and cuts of meat that's sending you toward the takeout menu and keeping you from your kitchen. But with the right meal kit, you'll be able to (re)discover your inner chef and save yourself from getting the same takeout meal for the fifth night in a row.
While the meal kit space seems more crowded than ever these days, there are certainly a few standouts that will make for an impressive dining room debut. Of course, there are various factors that you should keep in mind before deciding upon which service is best for you.
First off, are you a carnivore, an omnivore, or do you have dietary restrictions that generally make it difficult for you to be a dinner guest? While most meal kits try to cater to various preferences, some do so a bit better than others, so you'll want to determine from the get-go how picky of an eater you are.
Second, and this was a big one for me, you'll probably want to keep eco-friendliness in mind. While meal kits may be convenient, they're not exactly the best for the planet. After all, aside from the emissions that come from delivering boxes of pre-packaged ingredients to your doorstep, you'll also have to think about all the plastic, cardboard, and coolant that goes into ensuring that your dinner gets to you safe and sound. Luckily, there are some meal kits that are very careful about their eco-footprint, so you and the planet can eat clean.
You'll also want to consider how big of an appetite you generally have, and how many people you'll be feeding. I've found that some of these meal kits have different standards when it comes to portion sizes, so be sure that you have a sense of how hungry you tend to be after a day's work.
That said, regardless of which meal kit you pick from our favorites, we're sure you're in for a delicious future. We've tested several meal kits already, but stay tuned for more tasty additions soon.
Here are the best meal kits we've tried:
- Best meal kit overall: Blue Apron
- Best meal kit for sauce lovers: Sun Basket
- Best straightforward meal kit: HelloFresh
- Best comfort food meal kit: Dinnerly
- Best vegetarian meal service: Veestro
- Best pre-made meal service: Daily Harvest
Updated on 12/30/2019 by Jen Gushue: Updated pricing, links, and formatting.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best meal kit overall
The meal kit for sauce lovers
The best straightforward meal kit
The best comfort food meal kit
The best easy vegetarian meal service
The best meal kit in a cup
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x