The final examples of the $155,000 Polestar 1, a collector car waiting to happen, are now up for grabs
Polestarhas said it's only making 1,500 of its Polestar 1hybrid performance cars worldwide.
- The $155,000 car is coming up on the end of its production run.
- Final build slots are now open, so get your order in before they're all gone.
Only 1,500 Polestar 1s would be built worldwide. We are now coming up on the end of that production run.
Final build slots for the Polestar 1 are open now, Polestar announced on Thursday. Unlike the all-electric Polestar 2 - which is the designated volume-seller - the Polestar 1 is the halo car. The aspirational one, the one built in very limited numbers.
As Polestar's very first production car, the 1 is a two-door, grand-touring coupe that's powered by a 2.0-liter supercharged and turbocharged gasoline motor, along with two electric motors. Combined, it claims to make a total of 619 horsepower and 738 pound-feet of torque.
Boasting stunning looks - albeit a very expensive $155,000-price tag - the Polestar 1 won us over with its power, novelty, and estimated 60 miles of battery-only range. I called it a collector's item waiting to happen. Matt DeBord said it was the best car China has ever built. (The Polestar 1 is built at
The Polestars 1 and 2 both went on to win Insider's 2020 Cars of the Year award.
Once those 1,500 examples go, you'll have to wait for someone to sell you theirs secondhand - if they're willing to sell at all. So if you're interested, get yours before they're all gone.
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again