The Queen's grandson Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly have finalized their divorce
Peter Phillipsand Autumn Kelly have finalized the financial aspects of their divorce.
- The former couple separated in 2019, and announced plans to divorce in 2020.
- Phillips recently stood between Harry and William at Prince Philip's funeral.
The Queen's eldest grandson Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly have finalized their divorce after 12 years of marriage.
Phillips and Kelly, both 43, confirmed in February 2020 that they had separated in 2019 and were planning to get a divorce.
"Mr Peter Phillips and Mrs
"Whilst this is a sad day for Peter and Autumn, they continue to put the wellbeing and upbringing of their wonderful daughters Savannah and Isla first and foremost. Both Peter and Autumn are pleased to have resolved matters amicably with the children firmly at the forefront of those thoughts and decisions," the statement went on.
It added: "Peter and Autumn have requested privacy and consideration for their children as the family adapts to a new chapter in their lives."
The former couple said in their initial statement last year that they agreed to separate after "informing" the Queen.
The Queen made no public statement after the divorce was announced. She previously made statements about other royal divorces, including the divorce of the Prince and Princess of Wales.
Marlene Koenig, a royal expert for History Extra, previously told Insider that Phillips remains a private citizen and so doesn't have to follow royal protocol in the same way that senior members of the family would.
"Peter Phillips is not royal. He is the son of a princess, but his rank comes from his father, Mark Phillips," Koenig said. "To paraphrase the late Princess Margaret when asked about her children: 'My children are not royal. They have an aunt who is queen.'"
Phillips, who does not have a HRH title, is the son of Princess Anne and reportedly the queen's "favorite grandson" according to Grazia.
Phillips and Kelly, both 43, have two daughters together: Savannah Phillips, 10, and Isla Phillips, 9.
They have kept a mostly low profile in the media since the divorce was announced last year, with the exception of Phillips standing between his cousins Prince William and Prince Harry at Prince Philip's funeral in April.
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- As a mom, I know punishments don't work. Parents should be trying to find a connection instead.
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Road accident death rate has dropped in Kerala after AI cameras became operational: Transport Minister