10 ways Sundar Pichai forged his mark at Google in 15 years
- As Google's co-founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, are stepping down from their respective posts at Alphabet and appointing Sundar Pichai as the CEO.
- Pichai was one of the first few to see the end of 'toolbars' and has been credited for coming up with the idea for Google Chrome.
- Aside from forethought, Pichai journey rising through Google's ranks over the past 15 years is fraught with examples of why he's a good choice to lead Alphabet.
This is a much-needed change in Alphabet's executive make up. Google co-founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin have been missing in action for more than a year -- that too at a time when the company was facing some of its biggest challenges.
According to Google co-founder Larry Page, “Alphabet and Google no longer need two CEOs and a President.”
Pichai will now be at the helm of both companies and here’s what makes him a good fit:
Pichai can admit when he doesn’t know the answer
Pichai saw the end of ‘toolbars’ before anyone else at Google.
Pichai doesn’t take no for an answer
Pichai saw Chrome as more than a browser
Pichai wanted Android to be for every’one’
Seriously, for everyone, even when it gets controversial
Pichai stayed loyal to Google — and Google stayed loyal to him
Pichai used to be one of the highest-paid executives — but it’s been two years since he took a big payday
Pichai knows how to navigate office politics.
And, how to pick out a good team.
But he’s never been shy of airing his opinions when needed.
Popular on BI
- Travel agents body calls for abolishing TCS ahead of its implementation from Oct 1
- Nifty, Sensex trade flat after early gains
- Yatra Online stock slips below its issue price on listing
- A good season ahead for cement companies with price hikes
- Prunes: Nature's sweet secret to wellness