In 3 years, Mukesh Ambani might be one of the five richest people in the world
Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries may become one of the top five richest men in the world, as per Hurun Research Institute.
- His net worth stood at ₹380,700 crore — making him the richest person in India.
- Only eight people in the world are wealthier than Mukesh Ambani.
In the next three years, he might become one of the five richest men in the world, as per Hurun Research. If he manages to achieve that, he would be the first Indian in it.
“The next millions for Ambani would come in from telecom and retail and all the things he is building around it. So, it would come from broadband, the Internet and the entire ecosystem, and his plans to integrate kirana stores with the telecom infrastructure, among others,” Rupert Hoogewerf, founder and Chairman of Hurun Report told BusinessLine.
Last week, his net worth stood at ₹380,700 crore — right after the market value of his company swelled to ₹10 lakh crore. That made him the ninth richest in the world as per, according to Forbes.
Ambani is already richer than Google Founder
In India too, his riches are unparalleled. Not only is he the richest person in India but he also has more wealth than the second and third richest combined — SP Hinduja family and
This August, Reliance Industries unveiled a list of plans which is to turn completely debt free by 2020. He also said that in the future he would spin off his retail and telecom businesses into individual companies and unlock value in them. That resulted in a boost of his stock price, as shareholders await a bonanza from public offerings of both companies.
Popular on BI
- Investing in Renewable Energy Stocks
- Regulations enabled India to be global benchmark in fintech: Razorpay's Harshil Mathur
- India's poverty level has fallen below 5%: NITI Aayog CEO
- Paytm advisory panel discussing terms of reference with company: Damodaran
- PM Modi to launch 2,000 railway infra projects worth over ₹41,000 cr