Interesting facts about Roshni Nadar you must not miss out on
- HCL Technologies' founder Shiv Nadar's only daughter,
Roshni NadarMalhotra, is the richest woman in India
- On July 17, 2020, Roshni Nadar took over from her father as the first woman chairperson of the $8.9 billion HCL Corporation
- According to the Hurun Rich, Roshni Nadar has a net worth of Rs 36,800 crores, which she inherits from her billionaire father
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 11% OFF
Tecno POVA 2 (Polar Silver, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)| 7000mAh Battery | 48MP Camera | Helio G85₹ 11999₹ 13499Buy On
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
- 26% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display₹ 25999₹ 34999Buy On
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
- 30% OFF
iQOO Z3 5G (Cyber Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | India's First SD 768G 5G Processor | 55W FlashCharge | Upto 9 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 17990₹ 24990Buy On
Becoming the first woman to head HCL Technologies, the listed IT company on July 17, Roshni Nadar has inherited the entrepreneurial venture founded by her father Shiv Nadar. The highly coveted chairperson position of HCL Corporation puts her at the helm of the $8.9 billion enterprise, which is the holding company for the group businesses under the banner. The entities in the HCL group include HCL Technologies, HCL Infosystem, and HCL Healthcare.
Here are a few interesting
Journey with HCL
Roshni Nadar joined the firm, HCL in 2009. At the age of 27, and within a year of her entry into the firm, she was promoted to the post of executive director and CEO. In 2013, she came on the board of HCL Technologies. And on July 17, 2020, Roshni took over the mantle as the chairperson of the prestigious HCL Corporation - succeeding her father Shiv Nadar.
Before getting inducted into HCL, Roshni worked as a news producer first for Sky News UK. She has also worked at CNBC and CNN America.
Roshni did her schooling in Vasant Valley School, Delhi, and then pursued her graduation course at Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, majoring in communication with a special focus on radio, TV, and film. She also holds an MBA degree from Kellogg School of Management.
Marriage and kids
AdvertisementIn 2010, Roshni married Shikhar Malhotra, the Vice Chairman of HCL Healthcare. The couple has two sons - Armaan and Jahaan.
Working for environmental cause and education
In 2018, Roshni created The Habitats Trust that works to protect the natural habitats of India and the indigenous species of the land. Through the Shiv Nadar Foundation, where she is a trustee, Roshni is driving some transformational changes in the educational sector in India.
Listed among the most powerful women
In 2019, Roshni Nadar ranked 54th in the Forbes World’s 100 Most Powerful Women List. She had figured in this list in the preceding two years as well (2017 & 2018).
Awards and recognitions
Roshni was presented with the Lewis Institute Community Changemaker Award by Babson College in 2017. Horasis, an internationally renowned think tank, recognized her as the Indian Business Leader of the Year 2019. Roshni is an alumnus of the Forum of Young Global Leaders (YGL, 2014-19), which is a versatile community and an initiative of the World Economic Forum that works to produce the next generation leaders of the world. Roshni is also a talented classical singer.
See Also -
Top 10 richest people in the world
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report