Asia's richest man now has a grandson
- Mukesh Ambani became a grandfather, today, after his son Akash Ambani and daughter-in-law Shloka Mehta gave birth to a baby boy in Mumbai.
- This is the first child of Shloka Mehta and Akash Ambani after the couple tied the knot in March 2019.
- The 63-old Ambani is the richest man of Asia and has a net wealth of $77.2 billion, according to Forbes.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
"Nita and Mukesh Ambani are delighted to become grandparents for the first time, as they welcomed the great-grandson of Dhirubhai and Kokilaben Ambani," the family said in a statement, according to CNBCTV18.
The statement reportedly mentioned that both mother and son are doing well.
Shloka Mehta is the daughter of diamantaire Russell Mehta and Mona Mehta. The couple were reportedly school friends who met at Dhirubhai Ambani school. And, got engaged in June 2018 before getting married last year, which was attended by some of the world's most rich and powerful including Hillary Clinton, Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai and former British PM Tony Blair.
This is the first child of Shloka Mehta and Akash Ambani after the couple tied the knot in March 2019.
The 63-old Ambani is the richest man of Asia and has a net wealth of $77.2 billion, according to Forbes. Ambani's have three children — twins Akash and Isha, and Anant. Akash Ambani is the eldest son of the family.
SEE ALSO: Facebook hit with 2 massive antitrust lawsuits from the FTC and 46 states seeking to spin off Instagram and WhatsApp
Airbnb prices IPO at $68 per share, will raise $3.5 billion
- Amazon sued for fixing prices of e-books in US
- DuckDuckGo surpasses 100 million daily search queries for first time in 12 years
- Twitter employees lock their accounts fearing backlash
- Samsung Galaxy M62 to come with massive 7,000mAh battery
- 62% frontline workers got 1st jab of Covid vaccine in K'taka