There are suddenly a lot of new alternatives to the eggplant emoji
It seems that for as long as there have been Emoji, intrepid sexters have been using the eggplant Emoji to stand in for a, well, you know.
But now the Unicode Consortium - the organization that creates, approves, and regulates Emoji - has announced that there are going to be 72 new Emoji headed to your phones this month. And a couple of them could unseat the eggplant as the go-to phallic texting symbol.
Perhaps the most threatening, uh, member of the new crop of Emoji is the cucumber. The cucumber's resemblance is undeniable, and there have been crude jokes about cucumbers and genitals since before there were Emoji.
Another challenger to the eggplant's throne is a baguette. On Google devices, it looks like there are going to be two baguettes instead of one. Do with that what you will.
Finally, there's also going to be a carrot, for those who want some Vitamin A with their D.
The new batch are part of the Unicode 9.0 release, which will be available on June 21, though it may take slightly longer for the cucumber and its ilk to be implemented in iOS and Android updates. In the meantime, though, consider the eggplant.
NOW WATCH: 22 emojis everyone gets wrong
- India’s debit card transactions fall but credit card spends rise further
- Rajasthan in october: A magical experience
- Indo-US ties need to be more ambitious and aim for frictionless trade: US Ambassador
- India Inc might see margin squeeze with a crude shock at hand
- Indian food habits for youthful and glowing skin