There's a feature buried in Spotify's settings that will make your music sound a lot better
- The equalizer settings in the Spotify app can bring life to underwhelming headphones, even if the headphones are high quality.
- The equalizer settings are buried fairly deep in Spotify's settings, but they're easy to find.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Underwhelming sound quality while listening to music on Spotify is most likely a result of poor quality headphones, but maybe the equalizer settings in Spotify can help, at least a little.Even with a high quality pair of headphones, using the equalizer settings in Spotify can help mold the sound to your preference. Advertisement
In fact, good "studio" headphones tend to reproduce a flatter, neutral sound by design. If you want to squeeze out some extra bass, mids, or treble, the equalizer settings in Spotify can help with that.
The setting can be hard to find, so here's what you need to do to access the equalizer in Spotify and how to use it:
1. Tap the Settings icon in Spotify.
2. Scroll down until you find the Equalizer option.Advertisement
3. Try out different settings while you listen to music to figure out which one sounds best to you.
To note: Some phones from different companies have their own built in equalizer settings, but you can still find the equalizer settings through Spotify by following steps 1 and 2 above.Advertisement
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar