There's a major problem with the internet that's preventing websites from loading
AP Photo/Connie Zhou
The affected sites include Amazon, Twitter, Etsy, Github, Spotify, and others.The situation is developing, but it appears to have something to do with DNS hosts.
And as it happens, DYN, a major DNS host, is suffering a DDoS attack. DDoS attacks basically mean that hackers are overwhelming their servers with useless data and repeated load requests, which means that useful data - the Twitter IP address - can't get through.GitHub also says that it seems to be having problems with its DNS host.
This attack is mainly impacting US East and is impacting Managed DNS customer in this region. Our Engineers are continuing to work on mitigating this issue.
CNBC reports that Amazon is investigating the internet outage too. "Amazon & DynDNS investigating internet outage reports on east coast of U.S. amid reports of major websites not working properly," it somehow tweeted.According to Hacker News and reports, these sites have been affected:
- Soundcloud- Spotify
- Heroku- Pagerduty- Shopify
- Business Insider
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry