These are all of the Fitbit models that can track your heart rate
- The Fitbit Alta does not track heart rate, though the Fitbit Alta HR does include a heart-rate tracking feature.
- Many other Fitbit trackers feature 24/7 heart rate monitoring, including the Versa series, the Ionic, the Charge 3, and the Inspire HR.
- Older Fitbit models like the Surge and Blaze can also track heart rate.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
When it was released in early 2016, the Fitbit Alta was a cutting-edge piece of hardware capable of tracking sleep and steps, displaying texts and reminders, and helping users set and meet health and fitness goals.
The Alta was, however, lacking a feature that greatly enhances the monitoring of health and fitness: a heart-rate monitor. For all of its capabilities, the Fitbit Alta is unable to track heart rate.
Fitbit subsequently released an updated model, the Fitbit Alta HR, that does track heart rate, giving its wearer a much better sense of an exercise's efficacy and helping the person better plan future workouts and activities.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
The Alta HR is just one of the company's trackers that has heart rate monitoring capabilities. There are five models featuring heart-rate monitoring currently for sale on Fitbit's website.
These include the Versa series (the new Versa 2 and the older Versa), the Ionic, the Charge 3, and the Inspire HR. Older models with heart rate monitoring include the Fitbit Surge and the Fitbit Blaze.
Knowing both your resting heart rate and your optimal heart rate for productive cardio exercise can help you make the most of exercise sessions and lets you get a better sense of your overall health and progress toward fitness goals.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Get the latest Fitbit stock price here.
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal
- Stocks rebound: Sensex jumps over 500 points, Nifty hits fresh high
- 10 Foods you should avoid before bed for a restful night's sleep
- Investors to go ahead with Friday meet to oust Byju's CEO amid court order