These elementary school kids are freaking out over a math game called Fact Dash
"But no, it's Fact Dash going on," she added, in the video.
That's not hyperbole. Watch this video of elementary students competing head-to-head in a math competition that happens everyday at the end of school.
What looks like utter chaos is a carefully crafted game created by Principal Hammond-Walker.
This inspiring video shows kids freaking out - about math.
Kids Freak Out Over Math
This inspiring video shows kids freaking out - about math.Posted by AJ+ on Monday, September 21, 2015
She's now in her first year as principal at J.E. Johnson, located in Jefferson Davis County, Mississippi, and the game had exploded in the halls of the school.
"In our building at 2:15 it turns into a math fact frenzy all over the school from kindergarten through sixth grade," she told Business Insider.
The first person to shout the right answer joins the back of the line, while students who don't answer quickly enough or get the answer wrong are out. The teacher whose classroom wins for the day gets a sticker on a ranking list to keep track of their record.
As an added incentive to win, the school has a monthly recognition ceremony called a "Blast Ceremony" where the students and classes who have won the most Fact Dash games are recognized. And the classroom with the most stickers at the end of the month gets a "Blast Party," with a DJ and snacks.
In Mississippi, schools are rated from "A" to "F." J.E. Johnson is currently a "C" school. Hammond-Walker is doing everything she can to bring the school to a "B," and she says she won't stop until it is finally and "A" rated school.
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder