These Goldman Sachs Employees Are About To Be The Happiest People On Wall Street
Reuters/ Natalie Behring
The list of the 78 new partners is out.
Being named a partner at Goldman is a huge deal. It's one of the most highly-coveted titles on Wall Street.
Partners are picked every two-years during an extremely intense and secretive selection process.
In 2012, the bank tapped only 70 partners compared to 110 in the previous cycle. The size of the partner class isn't pre-dictated, though. However, it usually tends to be between 1.5 and 1.9% of the full-time employee population at the firm.
This morning, CEO Lloyd Blankfein and president/COO Gary Cohn personally called folks at their desks to let them know they've been made a partner.
The calls usually begin around 5 a.m. EST with the Asia offices and continue until around 9 a.m. EST.
Here's the list:
|Kunal Shah (London)
|Richard L. "Jake" Siewert
|Mark Van Wyk
|Meena Lakdawala Flynn
- RBI bars JM Financial Products from financing against shares, debentures
- UP govt approves proposal for formation of Uttar Pradesh State Capital Region on lines of NCR
- Popular Vehicles and Services to float IPO on March 12
- Nothing Phone (2a) smartphone debuts in India, priced starting at ₹23,999
- New variant of H5N1 bird flu spreads to marine mammals, heightening concerns for human transmission