These Maps Show How Crucial Asia Is To The Future Of The Aviation Industry
In its new 20-year outlook report,
The airplane manufacturer also said the number of "mega cities," which handle at least 10,000 long-haul flights daily, will rocket from 42 to 90.
The Asia-Pacific region is responsible for much of that growth, which isn't surprising: It's predicted to lead the world in air traffic within two decades. It's where 47% of the "very large"
Numbers are one thing, but these maps make it clear just how crucial those emerging markets will be for plane makers like Airbus and Boeing.
Here's where we stand now in terms of mega cities:
And where we'll be in 20 years:
The pattern of growth is clear.
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report