These may be the first concrete details on the iPhone 7's design
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo shared these insights with the firm's clients in a recent note, which Japanese Apple blog Macotakara summarized.
Here are some key takeaways from the report that tell us how the next iPhone - rumored to be called the iPhone 7 or iPhone 6s - could look and feel different than the iPhone 6.
- Kuo believes Apple will take some design cues from the Apple Watch. It will reportedly make the Apple Watch out of the same Series 7000 aluminum it currently uses for the Watch Sport's case, which is said to be 60% more durable that the aluminum used in the iPhone 6's current design.
- Apple may slightly tweak the color choices too. Kuo predicts that there may be a new rose gold color option, which follows a report from The Wall Street Journal earlier this year that said the company would launch a pink iPhone this year. Additionally, the current gold option may change slightly to look more like yellow gold, and the Space Grey color may become darker.
- The next iPhone will be slightly wider and taller by 0.15 millimeters compared to the iPhone 6, says Kuo. He also believes the iPhone 7 could be 0.2 millimeters thicker.
- The biggest change is still expected to be the Force Touch display, according to Kuo. This is the new type of touch technology Apple debuted on the Apple Watch. Instead of just being able to detect where you press, the Apple Watch's screen can also tell how hard you're pressing. We're bound to see some interesting use cases for this on the next iPhone, if Apple does in fact choose to include it.
Apple is expected to unveil its next iPhone in September around the same time iOS 9 will likely debut. There's no telling whether Kuo's predictions will be correct, but he's known to be very accurate with his forecasts. He nailed a lot of the details about the iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c long before Apple officially announced them.
This is also the first time we're really hearing details about the possible changes Apple could make to the iPhone's design. Until this point, Kuo has said that Apple will probably upgrade the next iPhone's camera from 8 megapixels to 12 megapixels, and that the new iPhone could have a Force Touch screen.
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000