This £100,000 gullwing is officially the best car in the UK right now
If you want one, get saving - it costs nearly £100,000 and there is a nine-month waiting list.
The i8 is a super technological hybrid car, combining an eye for the environment with the performances of a super car. It accelerates from 0 to 62mph (1ookm/h) in just 4.4 seconds while consuming only 2 litres of fuel every 100 kilometers. The emissions, 49g/km of CO2, are among the lowest in its range.
The UK Car of the Year Awards are judged every year by 27 motor journalists. There are 12 different categories. The BMW i8 won the overall title and also performance car of the year.
This is the second year that the title is awarded.
Britain has become Europe's biggest market for i8 sales, with 450 registrations so far.
At the same time, this beauty does not come for cheap: the starting price for a BMW i8 is £99,845 ($154,170).
They were clearly overjoyed at BMW, with the UK CEO Graeme Grieve commenting: "The BMW i8 is the culmination of many years of investment, hard work and commitment to creating the world's most progressive sports car. With our first two BMW i vehicles - the i3 and i8 - being named consecutive UK Car of the Year winners, our technology strategy is being recognised as truly game changing for the car industry."
Here is a list of the winners for each category, while at the bottom you can find more shots of this jewel.
Best City Car Renault Twingo
Best Supermini Skoda Fabia
Best Small Hatch Citroën C4 Cactus
Best Family Car Ford Mondeo
Best Executive Car Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Best Luxury Car Rolls-Royce Ghost
Best Estate Car Volkswagen Passat
Best MPV BMW 2 Series Active Tourer
Best SUV Porsche Macan
Best Coupé Jaguar F-TYPE
Best Open Top Car Porsche Boxster GTS
Best Performance Car BMW i8
The front of the i8 is pure aggression, in classic BMW style.
The back is even bolder:
It has gullwing doors.
This is the view from the driver's seat.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns