This casual restaurant chain you've probably never been to was just named best in America
The Melting Pot
The Melting Pot beat out restaurants like The Cheesecake Factory, Bonefish Grill, Texas Roadhouse, and Olive Garden for the title of "best casual restaurant."
With 135 locations around the world, Melting Pot is smaller than many restaurant chains featured. By comparison, Olive Garden has more than 800 restaurants.
Consumer Reports polled more than 4,000 consumers on customer service, cleanliness, atmosphere, and craveability. Melting Pot won all of these categories.
The brand executed a turnaround plan that is paying off - especially with millennials, CEO Mike Lester told Business Insider.
"We knew we had to start going after the right consumer," Lester said. "We're always refining our menu, restaurant design, and customer service around them."
Courtesy The Melting Pot
Focusing on young consumers has helped Melting Pot grow sales and traffic during an industry downturn.
Melting Pot offers a 4-course tasting menu in which customers get a cheese fondue appetizer, salad, entree, and chocolate fondue dessert.
It also offers any item a la carte.
Providing customers with customization options has been key to success, Lester said.
For instance, the brand's cheese fondues vary by region. Three of the cheeses are standard, while the other three are chosen by franchisees.
"In Lexington and Lousville Kentucky, we offer a cheese fondue with bourbon and bacon," Lester said. "Bourbon is big in that region, so we can appeal to the customers there."
Courtesy The Melting Pot.
Melting Pot has also added seafood, such as lobster tail, to its entree menu.
For now, the brand is planning a summer menu that includes corn and shrimp.
Here are some customer photos that offer a glimpse into what it's like to eat there.
NOW WATCH: 14 things you didn't know about Whole Foods
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23
- Apple to declare the 12-inch MacBook as obsolete on June 30