This couple quit their jobs and used their wedding budget to sail the world
Charlie Smith, a 29-year-old model, and her fiancé, "Captain," 34, were renovating homes in the Channel Islands when they decided to give up life as they knew it and sail the high seas instead.
The couple quit their jobs, postponed their wedding, and bought a boat.
Story by Aly Weisman and editing by Kristen Griffin
Follow INSIDER on YouTube
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Google rolling out smart compose feature in Chat on web
- Pan-India drug trafficking cartel using cryptocurrency through dark net busted
- Strengthening ties: India gifts 3,000 LPG gas stoves to underprivileged families in Nepal
- Honda unveils Elevate SUV to compete with Creta, Seltos and Grand Vitara
- Explained: Why Apple's new VR headset is the talk of the town despite being priced 3X more than Meta Quest Pro