This doomsaying art exhibition recasts Bezos, Musk, and Zuckerberg as mythological figures heralding the end of civilization
Sebastian Errazuriz Studio
- A striking new art exhibition of 3D-printed statues shows some of Silicon Valley's wealthiest and most famous figures as mythological characters.
- Artist Sebastian Errazuriz re-imagines modern Silicon Valley luminaries including Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, and Elon Musk, but through a pretty pessimistic lens.
- The statues contain plenty of allegorical details.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
An exhibition opening in New York in May called "The Beginning of the End" depicts Silicon Valley moguls as mythological figures.
Artist Sebastian Errazuriz originally presented the sculptures as digital creations, which could only be viewed in augmented reality.
Now he has brought them into the physical realm with 3D-printing. Errazuriz told Wired in December that with the exhibition he wanted to "create a new mythology of a variety of the heroes, villains, and characters that will be part of what could be the end of civilization."
The exhibition will run May 1 through 24 at Elizabeth Collective in New York, and captures the likenesses of Silicon Valley's biggest names, along with some political figures.
You can see photos of the 3D-printed sculptures, and the additional smaller details, below:
Elon Musk is almost angelic.
His helmet bears the SpaceX logo.
The likeness is pretty good.
Musk's sword has the Tesla logo emblazoned on the hilt.
He also appears to be pulling an arrow labeled "AI" from his thigh.
Amazon CEO and world's richest man Jeff Bezos cuts an imposing figure in "The Corporate Nation."
The artist used lots of photos of Bezos to model him.
The result is pretty accurate.
Bezos has a liking for horses in real life.
This bust of Mark Zuckerberg is pointedly titled "The New Opium."
The bust is reminiscent of the Roman emperor Augustus, with whom Zuckerberg is fascinated.
Zuckerberg's profile is pretty spot-on.
Google cofounders Larry Page and Sergey Brin appear together in a statue called "The Great Oracle."
Here's a picture of Page and Brin for comparison.
Brin is seen sporting a Google Glass headset.
Google stopped selling the ill-fated smart headset in 2015.
Apple cofounder Steve Jobs appears as "The Prophet."
The statue of Jobs wears his signature turtleneck and round glasses.
NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden appears in "The Collapse of the Resistance."
President Trump also makes an appearance.
He stands alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping in "The Police State."
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report