This giant wheel lets you ride inside it - here's how it works
Hunter Howell moved from motorcycles to monowheels. A hobby he shares with his father and brother, monowheeling is a type of action sport requiring the user to ride inside a motorized wheel, close to the ground. Following is a transcript of the video.
This is a monowheel.
It's most similar to a unicycle but you sit INSIDE the wheel.
Hunter Howell: My name is Hunter Howell. I'm an action sports athlete and enthusiast and ride all types of crazy machines. The monowheel is one crazy machine. You have lots of stuff going on. You have a throttle, you also have a brake. That combination you really have to mess with. You give it too much gas, it's going to ride up on you. You give it too much brake, it's going to want to dive. You lock the brake up completely, and you'll start spinning inside of it. You'll go upside down.
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore