This is Boeing's newest airliner: the 737 Max
Late last year, Boeing rolled out the first completed 737 Max 8 airliner at its assembly facility in Renton, Washington. The company's next-generation single-aisle plane was presented at a ceremony in front of several thousand Boeing employees.
Over the years, the 737 family has become the best-selling airliner in the history of commercial aviation, with more than 13,000 aircraft sold since 1965. It is arguably Boeing's bread-and-butter model.
"Today marks another in a long series of milestones that our team has achieved on time, per plan, together," Boeing Vice President Keith Leverkuhn said in a statement. "With the rollout of the new 737 Max - the first new airplane of Boeing's second century - our team is upholding an incredible legacy while taking the 737 to the next level of performance."
- Delhi government to install 1.40 lakh CCTV cameras in second phase, says CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Indian genome scientists recommend COVID-19 booster dose for those above 40 years of age
- Jet Airways stock flies on news that the airline is in talks to buy 100 aircraft ahead of its comeback
- NASA backs Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin and others with over $400 million funding to build commercial space stations
- Here are the most popular emojis of 2021