This Mercedes-Benz stretch van feels like a private jet
- Klassen is a German tuning company that builds deluxe stretch vehicles.
- Many of their available cars are expanded by over a full meter.
- Each vehicle's private cabin is adorned with everything one needs for luxury traveling.
The following is a transcript of the video.
Narrator: German aftermarket supplier Klassen builds only what can be described as private jets on wheels. The company takes premium vehicles and turns them into deluxe stretch limousines that cater to the demands of the most high-level clients. This rendering illustrates just how far the company lengthens factory vehicles in order to provide the space and comfort their customers desire. This Mercedes-Benz stretch V-Class van is a prime example. Inside passengers will find a huge flat-screen monitor with built-in PlayStation 4 and multimedia system, automatic folding tables, Champagne flutes, a coffee maker, a humidor, a biometric safe for your valuables, and more. In addition, everything from the interior lighting to the cabinets can be controlled remotely via iPad.
Klassen's COO Samuel Klassen describes just what goes into designing these tricked-out vehicles.
Samuel Klassen: Typically the time to build a van takes approximately 3 to 4 months. It depends which options the customer would like to have. Sometimes we have requests from customers to install a toilet, special multimedia systems, or extra controls. Sometimes they want to have the whole interior covered by special leather. We also have in our product range stretch cars and armored vehicles. Time to build a car like this can take approximately as one year.
Narrator: As luxurious as Klassen's stretch V-Class is, it may not even be the most impressive offering in the company's extensive catalog which includes a stretch Mercedes-Maybach sedan and a Range Rover over 1 meter longer than its production model.
Samuel: The most expensive vehicle we build for now is the Range Rover Autobiography. We stretch it by 1 meter, make it armored, and add many options that make for comfortable travel and luxury. And the price of this car is more than €1 million.
Narrator: Klassen isn't done adding to its arsenal just yet. On the way is a stretch Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV equipped with all new technology from the luxury tuner.
Samuel: We are still working on it. So we will stretch it by 1 meter and make it armored. And also, we will install our new technology that we have already developed so that the interior will be controlled by voice control.
Narrator: So who can afford such an elaborately customized car? Let's just say it's not your average car shopper.
Samuel: So we cannot talk about our customers' names, but our customers are presidents, famous people, and big business people listed on the Forbes list.
By driving our stretch vehicles, or any car from Klassen, customers have the feeling that they are traveling in a private jet or sitting in their living room.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala