This mom's reaction to delivering a boy - and not the girl she had been expecting - is priceless
It's common for expectant mothers to learn the gender of their baby prior to the birth, so that they can spend their pregnancy preparing - buying all the necessary baby clothes, decorating the nursery and picking out the perfect name.
Mom-to-be Koto Nakamura, of Australia, was no different. She and her husband, Sina Niakansafy, had been told they would be giving birth to a girl, and so the couple planned to name her Hinata, and were given pink gifts at their baby shower.
But in the delivery room, Nakamura received the ultimate surprise: the baby girl she had been expecting was actually a boy. Photographer Jessica Jackson captured her shocked (and priceless) expression as Nakamura learned that she had given birth to a male.
"We were all laughing and joking about it, saying, 'Oh gosh, as if that would happen to us,'" Jackson told TODAY. "We were trying to imagine how the mother must have felt - little did we know it was about to happen to Koto, too."
- Which countries are most affected by severe seismic activity? New earthquake metric provides fresh perspective
- Exicom Tele-Systems to raise ₹429 cr via IPO; sets price band at ₹135-142/share
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal
- Stocks rebound: Sensex jumps over 500 points, Nifty hits fresh high