This Nineties Rapper Just Plead Guilty To Defrauding A Woman Out Of $32,000
According to Jones, Blair, 46, met Esther Pilgrim in 2007 on an online dating site and convinced her to invest as a limited partner in his BMC Entertainment Company. Claiming to be working on his comeback album, he lied that he'd pre-sold 20,000 copies of the five-CD box set.
Soon Blair finagled Pilgrim's American Express and Bank of America credit card numbers and was using them to live lavishly with his wife.
Last week, Dateline NBC aired Pilgrim's story, in which she admitted she'd trusted Blair because of their similar backgrounds.
"I grew up in San Bernadino, California and so I knew of Tim Dog the rapper and his whole East Coast, West Coast rivalry in his music," she said.
Blair has received five years of probation and must pay $19,000 to Pilgrim within that time, Jones reports.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath adds seven new ministers including Jitin Prasada ahead of polls
- Out of all cancer cases, 7.9% were found in children below 14 years, reveals ICMR report
- Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to roll out ₹7,270 crore support programme for 14 states
- New potential factor contributing to severity of COVID-19 identified
- Coastal Andhra on alert as 'Gulab' set to make landfall