This startup makes unisex skin-care products for people who lead active lifestyles - these are the standouts
- West Skincare is a gender-neutral skin-care brand making clean skin care for active people.
- Its formulas rely mostly on plant-based ingredients, and only contain "proven ingredients at effective dose levels" to deliver the best possible results.
- I tested the entire line of skin care and while I do find it a bit expensive (products range from $22-$55) appreciated the no-frills branding, the quality ingredients, and most importantly, the results on my skin.
- Read on for an overview of West Skincare and my personal review of each product. My absolute favorite was the Recovery Cream ($55).
The world of skin care is a complex one. There are countless brands that rely on the use of masculine or feminine scents, catchy packaging, exaggerated health benefits, and maybe even a celebrity endorsement to make sales, rather than honest and thoughtful ingredients. There are also an immense number of trendy and unnecessary products, ingredients, regimens, and techniques that can complicate the process of finding what works for you.
To put things plainly as possible, there's a lot of BS on the market.
I've tested a good number of these products out (mostly skin-care products aimed specifically and unnecessarily at men), and I'll just say that given how many bad ones I've come across, it takes a lot to impress me. So, when it does happen, I have to share it.
Such is the case with West Skincare.
Founded in 2019 by Matthew Ankeny, West Skincare is a clean skin-care brand designed for active people. The brand is gender neutral (there are no distinctly masculine or feminine scents or branding) and it uses a handful of natural. plant-based, and mineral-based ingredients to hydrate, restore, and protect skin from normal everyday life and the rigors of active living. That includes everything from sun, heat, and sweating to natural changes in skin from aging.
Ankeny, who leads an active lifestyle, told Business Insider that the most important considerations when developing the products were the use of quality, effective ingredients, and making skin-care that was accessible to everyone. "If you're going to put your skin through the ringer, you should be using the best," he said of the ingredients they prioritize. "This is 2019. We can move on from gender-based marketing - especially when it's inaccurate. There are differences in men's and women's skin, but the skin-care ingredients that work, work for all."
In addition to its thoughtful formulas, West Skincare is also thoughtful about its environmental impact. All of the products are vegan and cruelty-free, sustainably packaged and shipped, and made locally in Southern California (rather than overseas) to reduce their carbon footprint.
West Skincare sent me their entire product line including the Facial Cleanser, Facial Moisturizer, Recovery Cream, Facial Mask, and Facial Scrub ($25-$55). After using them for about two weeks, I really feel that they have the right approach to skin care. From its no-frills branding and quality ingredients to the results on my skin, I was impressed.
If you're looking for a simple new skin-care regimen that works for your active lifestyle I recommend West Skincare.
Keep reading to check out my review of each product in the collection:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
West Skincare Cleanser
West Skincare Recovery Cream
West Skincare Facial Moisturizer
West Skincare Facial Mask
West Skincare Facial Scrub
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds