Tiger Global just raised $2.5 billion for a new VC fund
Flickr/ Keith Roper
This is Tiger Global's tenth venture capital fund, and it will be called Tiger Global Private Investment Partners X, L.P.
Lee Fixel, the head of Tiger Global's private equity and venture capital investing, will oversee the fund.
Tiger Global's founder Chase Coleman wrote in a letter earlier this year that Fixel has spearheaded many of the fund's "most important and successful investments."
Fixel, who joined the fund in 2006, has led investments in privately-held companies, including Facebook, Linkedin, Warby Parker, Eventbrite, Makemytrip, Flipkart, Netshoes, Square, MercadoLibre, Trendyol, Jobs.ch and CatchoftheDay.
Tiger Global declined to comment.
NOW WATCH: JAMES ALTUCHER: The American Dream is a lie
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Although FII flows have reversed, retail investor confidence remains low thanks to macro concerns
- Brain-dead woman's organs save four lives
- Goa hotels recorded the best occupancies and earned more too says report
- Best tech gifts for your sisters this Rakhi