Tim Cook just changed his name to Tim Apple on Twitter
- Just a day after President Trump referred to Tim Cook as "Tim Apple," the Apple CEO has changed his name on Twitter in an apparent reference to the incident.
- The change comes after Trump's reference to Cook drew a strong reaction on the Internet.
President Trump referred to Tim Cook as "Tim Apple" during a meeting with the American Workforce Policy Advisory Board on Wednesday, and the name seems to have caught on.
At least on Twitter, that is.
Now, the Apple CEO has replaced his last name with the Apple logo on his Twitter profile.
It's unclear precisely when the change occurred, but the Wayback Machine shows that Cook was using his full name on Twitter as of March 6, indicating the update was likely to have occurred on March 7.
The apparent gaffe occurred as President Trump was praising Cook for investing United States.
"We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple," he said during the meeting. It's possible President Trump was referring to the CEO and the company separately in the same sentence, as the White House transcript of the conversation includes an em dash between "Tim" and "Apple."
Regardless, the reference caused quite a stir on the Internet on Wednesday.
In a tweet that provides further evidence that Apple is having a sense of humor about the situation, Lisa P. Jackson, Apple's vice president of environment, policy and social initiatives, retweeted the following on Thursday:
During the meeting, Cook spoke on the importance of teaching students important skills like coding to prepare them for the workforce. He noted that nearly half of Apple's hires last year were people who did not have a four-year degree.
It wouldn't be the first time President Trump had an apparent mix-up with the name of a CEO. Last year, he referred to Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson as "Marillyn Lockheed."
Tim Apple, Satya Microsoft and Jeff AmazonWashingtonPost when they received their new names. pic.twitter.com/ReCYwCuNZ7- ian bremmer (@ianbremmer) March 7, 2019
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines