A 19-year old Indian rape victim lost her father and nearly lost her life in her fight for justice
- India’s premier investigating agency has filed against
BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengarand eight others for murdering a 19-year-old girl.
- The girl and both her aunts were critically injured in a road accident on late Sunday.
- The odds were tilted against her right from the start as the accused in the case was a local politician with some clout at the state level.
AdvertisementThe Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a case against BJP MLA
The girl and both her aunts were gravely injured in a road accident on late Sunday. And, her maternal aunt succumbed to the injuries. The odds were tilted against her right from the start as the accused in the case was a local politician with some clout at the state level. While she overcame the initial resistance to file a case against Sengar, her father mysteriously died at his residence on August 18. He was a key witness in the case.
In a letter she wrote to the Chief Justice of India (CJI), the girl had mentioned a threat to her life. Unfortunately, the message reached CJI Ranjan Gogoi on Tuesday, two days after she met with an accident.
Here's a revisit to the timeline of how things unfolded in the Unnao rape case:
EXCLUSIVE: The shocking scale of child porn has led to more trafficking and abuse of kids, says Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi
Popular on BI
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera
- 12 Indian foods that help prevent hair loss
- Thar, Xuv700, Scorpio N are the Mahindra's highest waiting cars
- Economic Inclusion