A 19-year old Indian rape victim lost her father and nearly lost her life in her fight for justice
- India’s premier investigating agency has filed against BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh
Sengarand eight others for murdering a 19-year-old girl.
- The girl and both her aunts were critically injured in a road accident on late Sunday.
- The odds were tilted against her right from the start as the accused in the case was a local politician with some clout at the state level.
The girl and both her aunts were gravely injured in a road accident on late Sunday. And, her maternal aunt succumbed to the injuries. The odds were tilted against her right from the start as the accused in the case was a local politician with some clout at the state level. While she overcame the initial resistance to file a case against Sengar, her father mysteriously died at his residence on August 18. He was a key witness in the case.
In a letter she wrote to the Chief Justice of India (CJI), the girl had mentioned a threat to her life. Unfortunately, the message reached CJI Ranjan Gogoi on Tuesday, two days after she met with an accident.
Here's a revisit to the timeline of how things unfolded in the Unnao rape case:
EXCLUSIVE: The shocking scale of child porn has led to more trafficking and abuse of kids, says Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi
- NASA's plan to put humans back on the Moon will cost $28 billion
- Parliament passes amendments to essential commodities law
- Parliament passes IIIT amendment bill, giving 'national importance' tag to five new institutes
- Undergraduate classes for first-year students to begin from November 1 — students cancelling admissions to get a full refund
- Rajya Sabha passes Banking Amendment Bill 2020 bringing cooperative banks under RBI's umbrella