Today is National Margarita Day - here's the trick to making a perfect margarita at home
Today is National Margarita Day, which is a pretty clear directive to head straight to your nearest bar for a tequila-based cocktail.
View all Offers
But how to whip up the perfect drink at home?
First, high-quality ingredients are key. Don't skimp on tequila, but instead go for a 100% agave option with a smooth finish. Fresh limes (instead of pre-packaged lime juice) will make a huge difference as well, offering a zesty citrus punch that won't be overly sweet.
Second, keep to tried-and-true proportions. As Chris Hall writes in Bon Apetit, "balance accounts for the difference between a good drink and a bad one," and no one wants a margarita that's overly sugary or burning with tequila.
Finally, keep the blender in the cabinet. For that authentic margarita experience, you'll want one served on the rocks - or straight up. Just shake with ice and pour in a classic margarita glass, garnished with salt.
Check out our foolproof margarita recipe, below:
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover