Today is National Margarita Day - here's the trick to making a perfect margarita at home
Today is National Margarita Day, which is a pretty clear directive to head straight to your nearest bar for a tequila-based cocktail.
But how to whip up the perfect drink at home?
First, high-quality ingredients are key. Don't skimp on tequila, but instead go for a 100% agave option with a smooth finish. Fresh limes (instead of pre-packaged lime juice) will make a huge difference as well, offering a zesty citrus punch that won't be overly sweet.
Second, keep to tried-and-true proportions. As Chris Hall writes in Bon Apetit, "balance accounts for the difference between a good drink and a bad one," and no one wants a margarita that's overly sugary or burning with tequila.
Finally, keep the blender in the cabinet. For that authentic margarita experience, you'll want one served on the rocks - or straight up. Just shake with ice and pour in a classic margarita glass, garnished with salt.
Check out our foolproof margarita recipe, below:
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Realme Pad Mini review – a good option for entry-level users
- Top 5 SUV cars under ₹20 Lakhs
- Best free Android games without ads in 2022
- Europe on red alert for monkeypox as EU health chiefs ask nations to prepare vaccination strategies
- These states in India are paying up to ₹15 extra on petrol compared to other states
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction