Today is National Margarita Day - here's the trick to making a perfect margarita at home
Today is National Margarita Day, which is a pretty clear directive to head straight to your nearest bar for a tequila-based cocktail.
But how to whip up the perfect drink at home?
First, high-quality ingredients are key. Don't skimp on tequila, but instead go for a 100% agave option with a smooth finish. Fresh limes (instead of pre-packaged lime juice) will make a huge difference as well, offering a zesty citrus punch that won't be overly sweet.
Second, keep to tried-and-true proportions. As Chris Hall writes in Bon Apetit, "balance accounts for the difference between a good drink and a bad one," and no one wants a margarita that's overly sugary or burning with tequila.
Finally, keep the blender in the cabinet. For that authentic margarita experience, you'll want one served on the rocks - or straight up. Just shake with ice and pour in a classic margarita glass, garnished with salt.
Check out our foolproof margarita recipe, below:
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
- Which countries are most affected by severe seismic activity? New earthquake metric provides fresh perspective
- Exicom Tele-Systems to raise ₹429 cr via IPO; sets price band at ₹135-142/share
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal
- Stocks rebound: Sensex jumps over 500 points, Nifty hits fresh high