Today’s top tech news: India’s new government seeks higher taxes on tech giants, PUBG critics clamour for another ban
- India's Finance Minister,
Nirmala Sitharaman, is on her way to get support for proportional assignment of tax on global tech giants at the upcoming G20 summitin Japan. Ravi Shankar Prasad, India's IT Mininster, has stated that the Personal Data Security Bill will be one the first things on his docket as he embarks on his second-term.
- Critics want PUBG banned in India as the addicted to the game is accused of causing heart attacks and disrupting marriages.
Paytmis looking to enter the insurance market in India will reports of the company looking to Coverfox for $120 million.
AdvertisementThis Tech Insider's daily of
India will be pushing for Google, Facebook and Netflix to be ‘proportionally’ taxed at the G20 Summit
India’s new government wants to ‘quickly’ bring in new data protection laws
Paytm could be spending big money for its insurance debut
OnePlus 7 Pro is the fastest phone in the world — here’s how you can make it even faster
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer