Tom Hiddleston got left hanging when he tried to congratulate Hugh Laurie on his Golden Globes' win
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Hugh Laurie won best supporting actor in a TV miniseries or TV movie at the Golden Globes Sunday evening for his role in AMC's "The Night Manager."
The actor seemed genuinely stunned to have beaten out talent including John Travolta and Sterling K. Brown in "The People v. O.J. Simpson" and Christian Slater in "Mr. Robot."
Before heading to the stage to make his acceptance speech, Laurie accepted a hug and blew kisses to his fellow AMC actors at his table, but there was one costar who was left in the dust.
After applauding his costar, Tom Hiddleston extended his hand for a congratulatory shake, but he was a few seconds too late as Laurie had just turned his attention toward the award stage.
The blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment created a momentary awkward moment for Hiddleston who played it off by returning to clapping.
Here's the moment:
Did you catch it? Hiddleston extended his hand out a moment too late.
He was just out of Laurie's line of sight.
We're sure he was able to offer his own congrats to Laurie later on in the evening.
- Better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regulate work from home with a comprehensive framework
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit