From berth availability to platform number, this app will address all train related issues soon
Come June, when all your train travel-related queries will be answered through one mega application, likely to be named
Besides, it will also offer booking of taxis, porter services, retiring rooms, hotels, tour packages, e-catering and other travel-related needs.
The Railways will offer all these services on a revenue- sharing model with the service providers.
Thus, the app will serve as a revenue-earning platform for the public transporter and is slated to have a business potential Rs 100 crore every year.
The Railways often finds itself flooded with complaints from passengers about not getting reliable information on train running status, especially when they run late.
Mohd Jamshed, Railway Board member (traffic), acknowledges that there are problems in disseminating accurate information on delays. But, he says, the new app will address all these issues.
"The new app will be launched in June and it will not only give you information, you can also track trains through it," he said.
Currently, there are several apps operated by the Indian Railways which provide various kinds of services. These include the CMS App for complaint management system.
All these will be integrated in the proposed app.
Asked about the possible name for app, Jamshed said, "We have to give a suitable name for it but it has not been decided as yet."However, it is reliably learnt the name 'HindRail' is being considered for the new app among other suggested names such as MeriRail, ERail, MyRail and Rail Anubhuti.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May