A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu
- Mount Abu is the only hill station in Rajasthan, offering a serene and picturesque escape from the desert state. Surrounded by lush green forests, it provides pleasant weather throughout the year and is known for its natural beauty and spirituality.
- The best time to visit Mount Abu is during the summer months (April to June) and winter (October to March).
- Popular attractions are Dilwara Jain Temples, Nakki Lake, Guru Shikhar, Achalgarh Fort, Sunset Point, Honeymoon Point, and the Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University and Museum.
AdvertisementThe only hill station in Rajasthan, Mount Abu is located in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan. It is a serene and beautiful hill station that stands as an oasis in the desert state. At an elevation of about 1,220 meters, Mount Abu boasts pleasant weather throughout the year, making it a popular retreat for nature lovers and spirituality seekers. Surrounded by lush green forests, it offers a refreshing escape from the scorching heat of the plains. The hill station is dotted with beautiful lakes, tranquil temples, and scenic viewpoints, offering breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. With its serene ambiance, natural beauty, and a touch of spirituality, Mount Abu creates a captivating experience for all who visit.
When to go:
- The best time to visit Mount Abu is during the summer months, from April to June, and winter, from October to March.
- One can also witness the Winter Festival held in December on their visit to Mount Abu.
How to reach:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Mount Abu is Udaipur Airport, located about 185 kilometers away. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Mount Abu.
- By Train: Abu Road Railway Station, situated about 28 kilometers from Mount Abu, is the nearest railway station.One can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach Mount Abu.
- By Road: Mount Abu is well-connected by road, and regular bus services operate from major cities like Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Jodhpur, and Jaipur. You can also choose to drive to Mount Abu by taking the national highways.
Where to stay:Travelers can choose to stay near the famous places like Nakki Lake, Delwara Road, Abu Road, Sunset Road which offers a wide range of accommodation options.
- Resorts/Luxury Hotels
|Day 1||Arrive in Mount Abu and check-in to accommodation||Visit Dilwara Jain Temples||Head to Nakki Lake|
|Enjoy a boat ride on the lake, witness sunset views, and stroll around the promenade|
|Day 2||Visit Guru Shikhar, enjoy panoramic views||Explore Achalgarh Fort and Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple||Spend evening at Sunset Point, witnessing mesmerizing sunset views|
|Day 3||Embark on a nature walk, visit Honeymoon Point||Visit Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University and Museum||Conclude trip by visiting Nakki Lake Market, shop for local handicrafts, and savor local cuisine|
Arrive in Mount Abu and check-in to your accommodation, whether it's a luxurious resort or a cozy guesthouse. Take a moment to soak in the beautiful surroundings and get ready for an exciting day ahead.
Start your exploration by visiting the famous Dilwara Jain Temples. Marvel at the intricate marble carvings and architectural brilliance of these temples, known for their exquisite craftsmanship.
Head to Nakki Lake, a serene and picturesque lake surrounded by hills. Enjoy a boat ride on the lake and witness the stunning sunset views. Take a leisurely stroll along the lake promenade and indulge in some local snacks and street food.
Begin your day by visiting Guru Shikhar, the highest peak in the Aravalli Range. Enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys from the top. Take a moment to admire the breathtaking natural beauty and capture some memorable photographs.
Explore the beautiful Achalgarh Fort, located at the top of a steep hill. Discover the ancient architecture and historical significance of the fort. Don't miss the famous Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple, known for its 9-feet tall Nandi (bull) statue carved out of a single marble stone.
Spend your evening at the Sunset Point, where you can witness the mesmerizing sunset over the vast expanse of the Aravalli Range. Enjoy the breathtaking views and the tranquil atmosphere as the sun dips below the horizon.
AdvertisementEmbark on a nature walk in the serene surroundings of Mount Abu. Explore the beautiful trails and immerse yourself in the lush greenery. Visit the peaceful Honeymoon Point and capture the scenic beauty of the landscape.
Visit the Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University and Museum, known for its tranquil ambiance and spiritual teachings. Gain insights into meditation and spirituality while exploring the museum's exhibits.
Conclude your trip by visiting the Nakki Lake Market. Shop for local handicrafts, souvenirs, and traditional Rajasthani items. Treat yourself to some delicious local cuisine at one of the nearby restaurants before bidding farewell to Mount Abu.
Popular on BI
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals