Relatively cheaper flight tickets incentivising foreign holiday plans for Indians
- Most of the top five most
trending destinationsinternationally have experienced a drop in flight prices or remained stable.
- Consumer behaviour is evolving, with a greater emphasis on finding unique, personalised, and memorable travel experiences.
- Air India, Air India Express, Vistara, and Indigo among the top ten international airlines.
AdvertisementIndians have been truly bitten by the wanderlust bug since the decline of the COVID-19 pandemic. While average domestic flight fares have gone up in the last one year, average flight fares to top international destinations have come down, making them more lucrative for Indian
Travel reports show that the current lower
If you are dreaming of an
Personalised travel experiences
A significant majority of Indian travellers, approximately 86%, are expressing optimism regarding their future travel plans for the upcoming 12 months.
An interesting trend in travel is the growing preference for metropolitan cities such as New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, and Chennai, as well as hill stations like Manali and Rishikesh, according to Booking.com, an online travel agency. Additionally, destinations with rich cultural heritage like Jaipur are also gaining popularity among travellers. Consumer behaviour is evolving, with a greater emphasis on finding unique, personalised, and memorable travel experiences.
During the first half of 2023, not only hotels but also alternative accommodations such as resorts, guest houses, homestays, hostels, apartments, and villas emerged as the most popular choices for lodging. This indicates a shift towards diverse and varied accommodation options that cater to different preferences and provide a more distinct and customised travel experience.
Air India and Vistara rising high
Top domestic travel destinations for Indians during the April to June 2023 period were Goa, Kochi, Lucknow, Bhubaneshwar, and Jaiputr, according to travel portal Cleatrip. Dubai, Singapore, Bangkok, Phuket, and Abu Dhabi were the top international destinations. Dubai and Singapore also featured among the top international travel destinations according to another recent report.
Interestingly Air India, Air India Express, Vistara, and Indigo were among the top ten international airlines. Air India, and Vistara also featured among the top three airlines in premium economy and business class.
Popular on BI
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states