The best hotels in Paris
- Paris is a cosmopolitan capital adored for its effortless grace, historic facades, gastronomic delights, and sheer elegance.
- Hotels are as varied as the city itself, and some of the leading standouts regularly command over $800 per night. But equally chic properties remain at the ready for far cheaper, from eclectic boutique hotels to historic, stunning properties.
- We selected a handful of the best four- and five-star hotels in Paris, chosen for their central locations, impeccable design, and accessible price points ranging from $124 to $420 per night, based on our experiences, as well as reviews and rankings from trusted traveler sites.
- Read all Business Insider hotel reviews here.
A note from your Insider Reviews travel editor: Coronavirus has interrupted travel on a global scale forcing travelers to cancel and reassess plans in the coming weeks and months. We understand that right now is a challenging time to plan travel. But when this time passes and things return to normal, we know you'll be eager to explore the world again.
Whenever that happens for you, and we know it will, we hope our travel content helps you make informed, useful, and inspiring choices on the best places and hotels to book. So whether you use our reviews now, bookmark them for the future, or simply need an escape from the news, we'll continue to share the world with you. In the meantime, we encourage all travelers to stay safe, follow guidelines from the CDC website, and take precautions.
The city of light, Paris is universally adored for its cosmopolitan grace, historic facades, gastronomic delights, and sheer elegance.
Most first-timers wander the city in a state of elation, realizing a lifelong dream of sipping wine and tearing into fresh baguette in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. Others are repeat visitors, who sweep in to order coffee at a sun-soaked sidewalk table while watching Parisians chat with their local boulanger. It's a mecca for history buffs, couture aficionados, and anyone in need of a sublime dose of art, culture, innovation, and creativity.
And just as there is something to satiate the tastes, and taste buds, of any visitor, there is a hotel to match. Paris is teeming with palatial townhomes, five-star behemoths, and boutique enclaves. Choice isn't lacking, but in a city so sprawling and upmarket, it can be hard to narrow the field, especially when there's a budget to consider.
Of course, there are stars like the Ritz Paris, Shangri-La Hotel Paris, Hotel Plaza Athénée, and Four Seasons Hotel George V. But unless you're willing to shell out well over $800 per night, you're likely looking elsewhere. And if not, book those without hesitation.
For more accessible but equally high-end finds, we culled the landscape to identify four-, and five-star hotels as effortlessly chic as the city itself, with coveted Francophile amenities like idyllic terraces, posh design, worthy on-site dining, and sophisticated common spaces. Our selections are based on our own travel experiences, are well-rated and reviewed on trusted traveler sites such as Trip Advisor and Booking.com, and vary in starting price from $124 to $420 (based on time of publishing) per night to meet a wide range of budgets.
Whether you seek extraordinary luxury, an eccentric under-the-radar gem, or are purely motivated by price, these hotels are all some of the city's best choices.
Traveling elsewhere? Read our list of the best hotels in other popular cities:
- The best hotels in Berlin
- The best hotels in Barcelona
- The best hotels in New York City
- The best hotels in London
- The best hotels in San Francisco
- The best hotels in Las Vegas
- The best hotels in Chicago
- The best hotels in Los Angeles
- The best hotels in Miami
- The best hotels in Washington, DC
These are the best hotels in Paris, sorted by price from low to high.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Hotel Des Grands Boulevards
Novotel Paris Les Halles
Hotel De Jobo
Bel Ami Hotel
Hotel De Nell
Niepce Paris Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe
The best hotels in Paris
Hotel Grand Powers
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee
- Byju’s acquires yet another coding-for-kids startup, this time an American one