Trump goes golfing after White House demands correction touting full day of 'meetings and phone calls'
- President Donald Trump went golfing at his Florida resort just 90 minutes after his press aide told reporters he had a "full schedule of meetings and phone calls."
- Trump is spending the Thanksgiving holiday at Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach club.
President Donald Trump arrived at the Trump International Golf Club in Palm Beach, Florida to play 18 holes of golf just 90 minutes after a White House communications aide told reporters that the president had a "full schedule of meetings and phone calls" on Wednesday.
At 8 a.m., The Washington Post's Jenna Johnson reported that White House press aide Lindsay Walters informed reporters that she expected a "low-key day."
Just nine minutes later, Johnson followed up with a correction to her earlier report, writing, "While the White House communications staff expects the press pool to have a 'low-key day,' the president will NOT have a low-key day and has a full schedule of meetings and phone calls."
But just over an hour later, the president's motorcade delivered him from his Mar-a-Lago resort, where the Trump family is spending the Thanksgiving holiday, to his golf course.
While most American presidents have escaped the White House for their fair share of golfing trips, Trump has made over 70 visits to golf courses, most of them his own, since he took office.
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams