Trump's resort has 'declared war on Scotland' by banning the country's favorite drink and making customers furious
- The Scottish golf resort Trump Turnberry has banned Irn-Bru, the country's most popular soft drink, over fears it could stain the property's carpets.
- Trump Turnberry general manager Ralph Porciani told the Ayrshire Post that it would cost about $680,000 to replace the hotel's ballroom carpet if it was stained.
- "We can't have it staining when to replace the ballroom carpet would be £500,000 alone," Porciani said. "We have villas here with Irn-Bru stains in the carpets which I can't let."
- People are attacking President Donald Trump on social media over the rule, saying he has "declared war on Scotland," and "gone too far."
A Trump resort in Scotland has banned the country's most popular soft drink over fears that it could stain the property's expensive carpets.
Trump Turnberry general manager Ralph Porciani told the Ayrshire Post that it would cost about $680,000 to replace the hotel's ballroom carpet if it was stained.
"We can't have it staining when to replace the ballroom carpet would be £500,000 alone," Porciani said.
The drink, which is cheekily referred to as Scotland's "other national drink" behind whiskey, has already ruined some of the carpets in the resort's villas, he said.
"We have villas here with Irn-Bru stains in the carpets which I can't let," he said.
People are attacking President Donald Trump on social media for the new rule.
"The President of the United States has just declared war on Scotland," one person wrote in response to the news.
Another wrote, "@realDonalTrump has gone too far this time! This means war."
The President of the United States has just declared war on Scotland. https://t.co/KjbcBNIueg- Simon MacMichael #FBPE (@simonmacmichael) May 9, 2018
Yet another reason to protest when he comes to the uk https://t.co/nY3f8cDWQ3- Lyndsey Forbes (@coollyndz) May 9, 2018
Like he wasn't already despised enough... Irn-Bru barred from Scottish Trump hotel https://t.co/ARr9TxhwbW- David Watson (@filmthug) May 9, 2018
Surely the last straw?- David Lochhead (@defmech) May 9, 2018
"Irn-Bru BANNED from Donald Trump's Turnberry hotel" https://t.co/AdpQ9PHOnx
Just when I thought I couldn't dislike him more.https://t.co/MYjtJZMzXj- Louise (@PennyxxLane) May 9, 2018
I thought there was nothing Trump could do to makes the Scots like him less. He has proved me wrong.- Paul Reynolds (@LiesNStartupPR) May 9, 2018
Donald Trump bans Irn-Bru from his Turnberry golf course https://t.co/LRxsstfiN2
"They may take our lives, but they'll never take our Irn-Bru!" https://t.co/iUZRzHmQa3- (((cayenneleung))) (@cayenneleung1) May 9, 2018
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life