Twitter is looking for someone to be its next 'Tweeter-in-chief'
- Twitter is looking for someone to run its Twitter account.
- The job listing describes the gig as, "Tweeter in Chief."
- The listing goes on to say that the new employee will, "set the tone of who we are and how we act, and talk to people on Twitter. No big deal."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Do you want to be the face of Twitter on Twitter - the so-called "Tweeter in Chief" of the social media platform?As it turns out, Twitter is looking for just such an employee who can work from any of its US-based offices.Advertisement
Though the job title sounds lighthearted, the job itself is anything but: "You'll be writing the Tweets for @Twitter, setting the editorial direction and leading a team of incredible community managers. So every day you'll be reacting to culture, as it happens."
All of which is to say: Whoever takes this job will have to field an insurmountable pile of user complaints from all sides of the political spectrum.Given the amount of work the gig comes with, Twitter is looking for applicants with a, "Proven track record of leading the voice/social copywriting for influential brands, with a particular emphasis on Twitter." In so many words: If you haven't done social media work for another major company, you may not want to bother applying. Check out the full job description right here.Advertisement
- Walgreens, NZ-based Stuff join 'boycott Facebook' campaign
- The story behind Geometry Encompass’ anthem ‘We Got This’ with Ankur Tewari and Clinton Cerejo
- Work from home has led to an increase in sales of our home appliance range: Vijay Babu, LG Electronics India
- Can Instagram Reels be a new home for TikTokers?
- Single-day jump of 24,248 COVID-19 cases pushes India's tally close to 7-lakh mark