Tyson takes on Beyond Meat with plans to make plant-based 'meat' a billion-dollar business
- Tyson Foods is taking on Beyond Meat with a new line of plant-based "meat" products.
- "We ... expect to be a market leader in alternative protein, which is experiencing double-digit growth and could someday be a billion-dollar business for our company," Tyson Foods CEO Noel White said in a statement.
- Tyson Foods sold its 6.52% share in Beyond Meat in April, shortly before the plant-based "meat" maker's explosive IPO.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tyson Foods is firing a direct shot at Beyond Meat.
On Thursday, Tyson Foods introduced Raised & Rooted, its first line of plant-based products, which includes vegan meat alternatives and products that blend meat and plant-based protein. According to the company, the rollout makes Tyson Foods the largest US meat producer to bring its own products to the alternative protein segment.
Products include plant-based nuggets and burgers made with a combination of beef and plants. The nuggets will hit shelves at major retailers late this summer, and the burgers will launch this fall.
"Today's consumers are seeking more protein options so we're creating new products for the growing number
of people open to flexible diets that include both meat and plant-based protein," Noel White, Tyson Foods' CEO, said in a statement.
"For us, this is about 'and' - not 'or,'" White continued. "We remain firmly committed to our growing traditional meat business and expect to be a market leader in alternative protein, which is experiencing double-digit growth and could someday be a billion-dollar business for our company."
Tyson Foods sold its 6.52% share in Beyond Meat in April, shortly before the company's explosive IPO. Beyond Meat shares are up 436% this year.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons