Uber created a fake 'city' to test out its self-driving cars
Uber created a fake city - called Almono - to test its self-driving cars. Located right outside of Pittsburgh, the "city" has dummies that dart across the street, fake cars, and other real-world traffic hazards. The city is designed to test how the cars react before entering the real world.
Popular on BI
- IPO demand may pick up in the second half of FY24 after macro headwinds settle
- Flights could get bumpier as climate change makes air turbulence much more frequent
- A Swiggy user from Hyderabad spends Rs 6 lakh ordering idlis in a year
- Repo rate hike will slow down real estate, reverse post-Covid trends, says industry body to RBI
- Small stocks lag behind in FY23; take bigger hit than bluechip firms