Uber Gets One More Month To Abide By RBI’s e-commerce Payment Rules
"Since Uber has initiated steps to comply with our regulation, we have given them one more month," an RBI spokesperson said. The RBI had earlier asked banks and operators to ensure that payments are made in Indian currency when a credit card is not presented physically.
"Uber is working closely with the RBI to address payment process requirements, while remaining firmly committed to providing riders with a safe, reliable and affordable transportation option. The RBI has generously granted us an extension until November 30, 2014, to give us sufficient time to migrate to a new payment mechanism, and ensure that consumers enjoy uninterrupted usage of our technology platform," the company said.
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala