Uber Gets One More Month To Abide By RBI’s e-commerce Payment Rules
"Since Uber has initiated steps to comply with our regulation, we have given them one more month," an RBI spokesperson said. The RBI had earlier asked banks and operators to ensure that payments are made in Indian currency when a credit card is not presented physically.
"Uber is working closely with the RBI to address payment process requirements, while remaining firmly committed to providing riders with a safe, reliable and affordable transportation option. The RBI has generously granted us an extension until November 30, 2014, to give us sufficient time to migrate to a new payment mechanism, and ensure that consumers enjoy uninterrupted usage of our technology platform," the company said.
Popular on BI
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Here’s what experts have to say about Cadbury Dairy Milk’s latest ad that has taken the internet by storm
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- SBI Cards, Adani Ports, HCL Tech and other top stocks to watch out for on September 21
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’