Uber Gets One More Month To Abide By RBI’s e-commerce Payment Rules
"Since Uber has initiated steps to comply with our regulation, we have given them one more month," an RBI spokesperson said. The RBI had earlier asked banks and operators to ensure that payments are made in Indian currency when a credit card is not presented physically.
"Uber is working closely with the RBI to address payment process requirements, while remaining firmly committed to providing riders with a safe, reliable and affordable transportation option. The RBI has generously granted us an extension until November 30, 2014, to give us sufficient time to migrate to a new payment mechanism, and ensure that consumers enjoy uninterrupted usage of our technology platform," the company said.
Popular on BI
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani