Uber partners with India's first electric car maker for e-autorickshaws
Uberpartnered with Sun Mobilityfor electric three-wheelers.
- Sun Mobility with offers e-mobility solutions to companies, was founded by Chetan Maini, who had built India’s first electric car
- Uber had earlier also partnered with Bengaluru-based Yulu bikes for electric bicycles.
Interestingly, Sun Mobility is founded by Chetan Maini who had made India’s first
Sun Mobility offers technological solutions to
“This (partnership) is an important step forward in fulfilling our vision for creating a mobility ecosystem that is sustainable, provides cleaner air and helps build smarter cities across the region," said Pradeep Parameswaran, president,
Uber earlier partnered with Bengaluru-based Yulu bikes to bring electric bicycles on Indian roads.
The Indian government too has been pushing for the growth of EVs in India. There are reports that the government could ask ride-hailing giants Uber and Ola to replace 40% of their fleet to electric cars by 2026.
Uber’s Indian competitor Ola has a subsidiary company Ola Electric which is wholly focussed on e-mobility. Ola Electric recently gained the unicorn status too.
From ride-hailing companies to logistics or delivery companies, many entities in the country have been piloting EV projects. Uber Eats is also a part of electric vehicle freight project by the Delhi government called Deliver Electric Delhi. Others driving the EV trend include Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, BigBasket, and Grofers.
Japan’s Mitsui invests $14 million in Indian EV startup SmartE
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30