Uber partners with India's first electric car maker for e-autorickshaws
Uberpartnered with Sun Mobilityfor electric three-wheelers.
- Sun Mobility with offers e-mobility solutions to companies, was founded by Chetan Maini, who had built India’s first
- Uber had earlier also partnered with Bengaluru-based Yulu bikes for electric bicycles.
AdvertisementRide hailing giant Uber has partnered with Sun Mobility to bring electric three wheelers in India.
Interestingly, Sun Mobility is founded by Chetan Maini who had made India’s first electric car
Sun Mobility offers technological solutions to
“This (partnership) is an important step forward in fulfilling our vision for creating a mobility ecosystem that is sustainable, provides cleaner air and helps build smarter cities across the region," said Pradeep Parameswaran, president,
Uber earlier partnered with Bengaluru-based Yulu bikes to bring electric bicycles on Indian roads.
The Indian government too has been pushing for the growth of EVs in India. There are reports that the government could ask ride-hailing giants Uber and Ola to replace 40% of their fleet to electric cars by 2026.
Uber’s Indian competitor Ola has a subsidiary company Ola Electric which is wholly focussed on e-mobility. Ola Electric recently gained the unicorn status too.
From ride-hailing companies to logistics or delivery companies, many entities in the country have been piloting EV projects. Uber Eats is also a part of electric vehicle freight project by the Delhi government called Deliver Electric Delhi. Others driving the EV trend include Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, BigBasket, and Grofers.
Japan’s Mitsui invests $14 million in Indian EV startup SmartE
Popular on BI
- Ready to debut: Two Tata SUVs to see facelifts this October, and more
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details