UberEATS is all set to debut in India
Uber, the cab aggregator service from San Francisco, is all set to bring
Also read: Uber has made India a hub as it scouts for markets in South Asia
On-demand food aggregator industry in India is currently seeing its major companies, including Swiggy and Zomato, looking to strengthen their businesses with additional capital. Not only this, Google has also launched its hyperlocal services and food delivery app Areo, operational in Bengaluru and Mumbai, which passes on the leads from customers to partners like Faaso's, Freshmenu, and UrbanClap etc.
UberEATS will have a different team from the one managing Uber cabs at national and city levels. The hiring for city general managers, city-level restaurant operations managers as well as branding and sales heads across Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Chennai and Gurugram has already begun.
Also read: Ola founder says government should decide if US internet giants are 'capital dumping' in India
Manan Javeri, who joined Uber after leaving McKinsey in 2015, is heading the India launch.
UberEATS began in Los Angeles in 2014 and is currently operational in 62 cities across the globe.
(Image source TheVerge)
Popular on BI
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads
- Twinkle, Akshay pose with UK PM Rishi Sunak in London
- Troubles mount for Indian airlines, even in good times