UberEATS is all set to debut in India
Uber, the cab aggregator service from San Francisco, is all set to bring
Also read: Uber has made India a hub as it scouts for markets in South Asia
On-demand food aggregator industry in India is currently seeing its major companies, including Swiggy and Zomato, looking to strengthen their businesses with additional capital. Not only this, Google has also launched its hyperlocal services and food delivery app Areo, operational in Bengaluru and Mumbai, which passes on the leads from customers to partners like Faaso's, Freshmenu, and UrbanClap etc.
UberEATS will have a different team from the one managing Uber cabs at national and city levels. The hiring for city general managers, city-level restaurant operations managers as well as branding and sales heads across Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Chennai and Gurugram has already begun.
Also read: Ola founder says government should decide if US internet giants are 'capital dumping' in India
Manan Javeri, who joined Uber after leaving McKinsey in 2015, is heading the India launch.
UberEATS began in Los Angeles in 2014 and is currently operational in 62 cities across the globe.
(Image source TheVerge)
Popular on BI
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India