Unknown facts about flipkart founder Sachin Bansal
Sachin Bansal, the co-founder of Flipkart sold his 5.5% stake in the company and left it in May 2019 after the ecommerce giant of India was acquired by Wallmart, the world’s largest retailer. Here are a few interesting facts about
- Sachin Bansal founded Flipkart in 2007 along with his partner
Binny Bansal. In the initial stages, the ecommerce firm sold books online gradually expanding its operations into other domains. Today Flipkart has become one of the top ecommerce businesses in India.
- In April 2016, Sachin Bansal was named among the 100 most influential people in the world along with Binny Bansal by the Times Magazine.
- In some strategic deals, Flipkart acquired some well performing ecommerce businesses like Myntra, Jabong and PhonePe.
- Sachin Bansal would later recollect in his life when Flipkart operated from a rented office costing them Rs.8,000 per month. He said the company during the starting years did not have any power backup they had to suffer the extremities of climate without AC or even windows to the building they had rented out for their ecommerce operations.
- Sachin Bansal was a remarkable gamer. He used to give dinner to those who defeated him in games.
- When the Big Billion Day sales was on, Sachin Bansal delivered the products along with Binny and others in the company.
- Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal are only business partners and co-founders of Flipkart. They are never related to each other though their surnames might suggest if they could be brothers.
- Sachin and Binny studied at the same school. They were born and brought up in
Chandigarh, Punjab. Despite sharing their school with each other, they were never friends during their school days. Both of them graduated from IIT Delhi and only there at the college they got to know each other.
- Sachin Bansal worked for Amazon in 2006. Binny Bansal joined the company in 2007. Later they came together to create Flipkart in 2007.
- Sachin Bansal has married Priya Bansal, who was a dentist by profession. They both have a son.
- Sachin Bansal is a highly sociable personality and loves gaming to the core. Sachin’s addiction to gaming was so intense that he wanted to give up his engineering course to find a career in gaming. During his early life, Sachin Bansal was highly passionate about playing games like Age of Empires and
Quake III Arena.
- Sachin Bansal is a visionary and a seasoned entrepreneur, the skill which he mastered through hard work. In 2018 after 11 years of his tenure with Flipkart, the company was valued at $20.8 billion. During this career at Flipkart, Sachin Bansal had the position of Chief Executive Officer and Executive chairman.
- Sachin exited Flipkart along with the Walmart deal in 2018. During his exit, he had 5.5% stake in the company, which he sold to Walmart. During that time, his net worth was more than $1 billion.
- During his exit from Flipkart, Sachin Bansal said he would focus on some personal projects that were long pending. He also said he wished to give himself to gaming and to brush up his coding skills.
Ola Founder Bhavish Aggarwal
Facts about Ratan Tata
Ola founder Ritesh Agarwal
Popular on BI
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter