US Senator Congratulates Barack Obama For Renewable Energy Agreement
AdvertisementA senior US Senator has congratulated US President
"This agreement with India is significant progress toward the larger goal of a reaching a comprehensive global agreement on
Carper said that he was happy with the cooperation on the phasing down of hydroflurocarbons (HFCs), which are used for various purposes like air conditioning and refrigeration.
"I'm also happy this agreement outlines the implementation of the Environmental Protection Agency's AIRNow-International program and megacities partnerships," he said.
"This partnership focuses on disseminating information to help urban residents reduce their exposure to harmful levels of air pollution, and enables urban policy planners to implement strategies for improving ambient air quality in cities," said Carper.
He said that such international partnerships can be used to encourage “real change” and preserve our environment.
"I am very encouraged by the progress we've made with our partners in India. I believe this agreement will enable both of our countries to grow our renewable energy economies and clean up our air at the same time," said Carper.
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore