Watch a fully loaded US Navy Harrier launch off an amphibious assault ship for strikes against ISIS
Emmanuel Ramos/US Marine Corps
The Kearsarge was assisting the US Navy's 5th Fleet, whose area of operations encompasses about 2.5 million square miles of the Middle East and includes the Arabian Gulf, Red Sea, Gulf of Oman, Gulf of Aden, Arabian Sea and parts of the Indian Ocean, on November 1.
US Navy/Photographer's Mate 3rd Class Jose E. Ponce
"We will continue to work with our coalition partners to drive ISIL out of Iraq and Syria," said commanding officer Col. Brian T. Koch, of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, whose aviation combat unit is aboard the Kearsarge, according to the Navy press release.
Watch clips of the fully loaded Harrier jets taking off from the Kearsarge below:
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP